Healing Ministry that Opens the Age of the Remnant (Isaiah 61:1-3) July 15, 2018
First, Second and Third Age of the RUTC
Healing Ministry that Opens the Age of the Remnant (Isaiah 61:1-3) July 15, 2018
1 “The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the
brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of
vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the
oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for
the display of his splendor.
“The Age of the Remnant,” what do we mean by that? We are talking about a time that is most certainly coming in which God heals, blesses and saves an entire age through the remnants He has raised. The remnants are referred to as the “holy seed” in Isaiah 6:13 and “a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor” in Isaiah 61:3. What do you think will happen through these remnants (Isaiah 60:22)?
Even during times when there was just one remnant, God used that remnant to save the respective age. The Seven Remnants were all used by God as that one remnant. What happened when Joseph—just one person— arose? A family that was on the verge of falling apart because of conflicts and quarrels was saved, brothers who were starving to death because of a famine were saved to form the Twelve Tribes of Israel and the Egyptian king and people and the rest of the world were saved. Who did all of this?
Just because only one person arises, it does not mean God is going to use only that one person. God has always attached those He prepared to that one person to work as a team. Joseph’s brothers later formed a team with Joseph as the Twelve Tribes (siblings); Daniel and his three friends were a team that saved the Babylonian Empire (friends); Paul and those he met while evangelizing such as Timothy, Titus, Lydia, Priscilla and Aquila became a team and were eventually used by God for Rome and world evangelization (disciples you meet in the field).
This is precisely why we are doing the RUTC (Remnant Unity Training Center) movement. Unity training means we are training together and also working as a team in oneness. That is why we are building RUTCs all over the world and why One Mind Church is home to the very first RUTC in the world. We are currently renovating the RUTC into a place where we can really train remnants.
Then what is the most important thing that needs to be done at the RUTC? It is “healing ministry” as included in the title of today’s message.
1. First, you must receive healing to your spiritual problems inside of you. There are many areas in our lives that must be healed—body, heart, relationships and finances. The start of all healing is spiritual healing. What does spiritual healing mean? You must understand this term at least on the following three levels.
(1) There are problems directly caused by demonic activity (demon possession). The Bible has a number of accounts of Jesus’ healing others through preaching the gospel and subsequent casting out of demons (Matthew 12:22 and Luke 13:11). People who come from families with a background in idol worship or religious living without the gospel tend to suffer from this type of spiritual problems more so than others (1 Corinthians 10:20).
(2) Another important type of spiritual problem is the fundamental problems that began in Genesis 3. When the first human Adam fell into corruption, three curses befell humanity and the entire world—Original Sin (Romans 3:10 and 3:20), Satan (John 8:44 and 10:10), and death and afterlife (Romans 5:12 and Hebrews 9:28). The first thing children learn to do is how to sin even if no one teaches them. Endless corruption continues to persist. Without even realizing, Satan has been lording over our lives. He robs us of our lives and brings us one problem after another. One day, we will face despair called death followed by the judgment of eternal hell. You did not choose any of this for yourself, but when humans who are spiritual beings were separated from God, Satan butted in to fill that void, constantly bringing us problems, pain, failures and disasters. We call this destiny because there is no coming out of it. That is what needs to be healed.
(3) Even more importantly, everyone has scars in his heart and spiritual problems.
a. Everyone has scars—from upbringing, family background, and past experiences. Most of your scars come from your childhood—memories of loneliness and fear, frustrations (favoritism, comparison and negligence), poverty, diseases that were not treated properly, etc. With everything you experienced in your childhood remaining in your unconscious and subconscious, you go through adolescence and become an adult.
b. Satan constantly pricks your scars. It may be manifested as a disease of the heart such as depression, a personality disorder like escapism, aggression and violent behavior or an addiction (video games, alcohol,
drugs, gambling, success, etc.). They all start with a scar of the heart. When Satan begins to attack through your scar, you begin to obsess over wrong things and eventually lose yourself. Therefore, in order to heal these spiritual problems, healing of the heart must take place simultaneously as the healing of the soul. Healing of the heart is waiting for that person in love, encouragement and understanding while breaking down in prayer the forces of Darkness working in the background.
2. Christ came to provide spiritual healing (Isaiah 61:1-3). The one who has been anointed with the Holy Spirit would come (Isaiah 61:1). Who is it? It is Christ.
(1) What did He come to do? He came to “bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,” and “to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion.”
(2) How did He do all this? He did it with the three anointed authorities. With the authority of True Priest, He died on the cross as a sacrificial offering setting us free from all sins, curses and failures. With the authority of True King, He resurrected from death and crushed the head of Satan who had tormented us and made our lives miserable. With the authority of True Prophet, He became the Way to meet God and is with everyone who believes. With these three authorities, Christ finished our curses, Satan, all of our problems and destiny (John 19:30). This is the conclusion at which you must arrive.
(3) What do you have to do now? Let Christ be your Lord. That is acceptance (John 1:12 and Revelation 3:20).
a. Nonbelievers must accept Christ into their hearts in order to change the lord of their lives. Since they cannot do it on their own, those who have accepted Christ already help them pray the acceptance prayer.
b. If you are a believer, Christ is already your Lord. If that is the case, you must move over and let Him sit on the throne of your heart in every moment, every day and throughout your life. That is Galatians 2:20; you now no longer live but Christ lives in you. That is what we call faith; you always look to the Lord, follow His guidance and will.
c. That is why we do the Three Today’s. We listen to His voice through the Word, receive His strength through prayer and let Him use us for His desire which is saving people like us by thinking about evangelism. The way He allows us to meet those who we must meet is so accurate. One day, our thoughts will become Christocentric, the forces of Darkness will crumble (kingdom of God), and we will constantly experience the work of the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit begins to work upon what we do, who we meet, everywhere we go and in every moment of our lives, we will be filled with evidence to share with others. We take that evidence with us to stand as witnesses and be used by God to heal, bless and save the world.
This is why we are doing the RUTC movement. We want to help people understand deeply who Christ is when they are young. We want to teach them how to live not by their own standards, capacity and skills but instead by those of Christ. We want to train them to expreience throughout their lives how evangelism and their lives simply just take place. This is true healing. God bless you that every one of you be healed in this manner and used by God in the imminent Age of the Remnant.